Thursday, 14 August 2014

These Days - Late Winter..

These days the sun is shining and the days seem full of possibilities.  I'm in the midst of a beautiful crochet whirlwind, finishing off the last few crochet mandalas ready to be photographed for Wilde Asher over the weekend.  All going to plan I'll have them up online to purchase on Monday and I must admit I'm a bit excited to see the collection come together. My journal is slowly filling with inspiring images and words from the heart. Within the pages is a peaceful calm, a space where dreams are embraced and seeds are planted.  

The days are getting longer and afternoon family walks are our favourite time of the day.  We explore little side streets, check out lovely gardens and collect gum leaves.  We talk about our days and what's for dinner and we talk about how we can help to make the world a better place for our rainbow girl. 

 I've got a new favourite spot to enjoy a pot of tea.  Completely second hand, upclycled and handmade, this little corner just outside the kitchen, over looking the herbs and veggie garden is making me very happy indeed.

There is an abundance of almonds, so we are making almond meal, almond butter and can't wait to try out almond milk too.  We are getting the imperfect ones from a local grower, which are just perfect for us and even more perfect for making fabulous vegan almond and cacao biscuits.

I've been working on a exciting magazine article that's got me so ready for the seasonal change.  Connecting with the seasons each day really has changed my whole world. I've realise more each day that I really had been letting the true beauty of life pass me by and as cliche as it may be, stopping to smell the flowers really is all kinds of wonderful.


These days are a riot of colour and foliage.  It's hard not to be smile with bunches of wattle, jonquils and rocket flowers filling our home. Spring is in the air and we are embracing that beautiful quote, 'bloom where you are planted'.

Much Love
xxx

11 comments:

  1. Precious days. Looks like a gorgeous spot for a cup of tea! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Michelle, it is such a lovely time of year. x

      Delete
  2. Oh, Sophie! I love these photos and your site. Your home is so warm and inviting and your photos are beautifully captured. Looking forward to following along. :)

    Love and light,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica, so sweet of you! Have a beautiful weekend x

      Delete
  3. I only just discovered your blog via Instagram and am enamored with what I see. :) Love your photos and overall design! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Sarah, so sweet of you to stop by. xo

      Delete
  4. Another round up of inspiration ♡ the new old furniture in your porch looks so cozy, I would love to have a cup of tea and homemade cookies with you in that corner =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so, so beautiful. Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning spot for tea! Might have inspired a spot similar at our house! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous little spot to sit and drink tea. Hope you have enjoyed some time there this weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little cup of tea spot - and that wattle is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x