Monday, 24 February 2014

Baking - Spiced Pear Muffins..

 Over the past week I've been clearing out the last bits and pieces from my pantry ready for our move. I've also been trading my parents baked treats and homemade bread in exchange for some yummy dinners.  It's a win win and it has made evenings a whole lot easier for Tallow and I when I haven't had to think about cooking.  Yesterday I had some pears that needed using, so I made up a quick batch of these spiced pear muffins for afternoon tea inspired by Maggie Beer's spiced pear paste.  I'd forgotten how wonderful and comforting a homemade muffin is and these were so simple, I must remember to make them again.  

Spiced Pear Muffins
 adapted from Rhonda Hatzel's lovely recipe - makes 12

3 ripe pears 
1/2 cup of olive oil
3/4 cup of milk 
1/2 cup of sugar
2 cups self-raising flour
cinnamon to taste

Preheat oven to 180°C and butter a muffin tin
Peel and cut pears and stew in a small amount of water and cinnamon until tender. 
Mix oil, egg, milk and sugar in a bowl until well combined.
Add flour and mix gently, then fold in pears and cooking liquid.  
Once mixture is just combined, spoon batter into muffin tin and sprinkle with a little more cinnamon
Bake for about 20 mins and serve warm with butter and a pot of tea.

What have you been baking lately?
Much Love
xxx

PS. I've been inspired to try a vegan muffin mix next, I'll let you know how it goes.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delish Sophie and perfect for the lonely pears sitting in the bowl that arent looking as fresh as they did a few days ago….I think these muffins will be a huge hit with the kids and esp me xxx Thks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound super yummy! I love cinnamon so I might just have to give these a go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmm this sounds so good! I love pears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made your spiced pear muffins for afternoon tea and they were delicious thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. I'll definitely be trying this recipe out when pears are in season in Canada!

    xx Brittany
    http://lipstickandyarn.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love and vintage dreams ~ Sophie x