Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Inspiring Closet Ideas..


After spending the morning daydreaming about Susan's amazing closet, I thought I'd go in search of some inspiring ideas to help with my own 'lack of wardrobe space' situation.  Here are a few of my favourites..


One of my very favourite closets belongs to the ever inspiring Elsie, from A Beautiful Mess. I love Elsie's clever use of space saving ideas, especially the shelving for her amazing shoe collection.


Who needs artwork when you have gorgeous dresses! Why not hang a few of your favourite pieces on the wall, or your bed? The perfect ever changing art gallery, inspired by the fabulous Kate from Scathingly Brilliant and her wonderful dress collection.


Feeling creative? You could always turn your wardrobe into a room feature.  Find a great old piece of furniture and create your own unique closet which could live almost anywhere in the house.


And what would an inspiring closet post be without one of the most famous closets of all, belonging to the one and only Carrie Bradshaw.  I always thought this wardrobe was a wonderful use of space, especially with shelving to the ceiling.  Oh a girl can dream!

I'd love to hear about your dream closet ideas and your everyday practical ones too! 
Much Love
xxx

13 comments:

  1. I must not covet, I must not covet...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhh..I think I've dreamed about the Carrie Bradshaw one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all of elsie's platform shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I have a closet with all of these closets in the photos combined *sigh* I should stop dreaming for now :f
    chamomiledealer.blogspot.com come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Carrie's closet. My goal is to have something similar one day. it is perfection. I currently have far too little closet space and it drives me loopy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say that my favorite Carrie Bradshaw closet was her NEW one in the first Sex and the City movie -- the one that Big custom-built for her! It was so fresh, pristine, and (most importantly) HUGE! :) All of these are lovely ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all stunning! So inspired to re-do my closet system now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love the white wardrobe with all of the colorful clothes inside! Very cute. One day (in my dreams) I just want MORE space, hopefully with useful storage areas for accessories.

    xo
    neonrattail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love a walk-in :)

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love Elsie's closet! Even with plenty of hanger space though, I always seem to end up with all my clothes on the floor of my closet... Haha, not super cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the wardrobe with the pops of color peeking through! And who can't just fall for Carrie's fab space?? My dream? To have a cute closet "room". I have a lovely vintage vanity and want to incorporate it into an old fashioned dressing room for myself...part of my craft room/office;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have a closet...now I desperately want a nice, big, wonderfully organized one! Oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a pretty huge closet now but i need more room... This is very inspiring!

    ♥Sarah♥
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love and vintage dreams ~ Sophie x